Whether it’s an eCommerce business or a simple blog that posts daily updates, having a website is essential. A trusted web hosting provider like HostGator is needed for building a website.
Lately, this company has gotten more popular because the Gator website builder is affordable and beginner-friendly. HostGator is ideal for people with little technical expertise who like simple website design. We recommend HostGator because it has a drag-and-drop editor and impressive templates.
However, when it comes to its hosting services, customers get access to eCommerce, blogging, analytics, and marketing features that make it a feature-loaded package that any website can take advantage of.
But learning whether the pricing is reasonable or not is always the top priority. You can, of course, find a plan that meets your needs. However, HostGator can get pushy at certain times and make you sign up for long terms.
Through this HostGator review, we will help you understand different HostGator hosting plans so that you can make an informed decision.
HostGator Pricing Summary
To help HostGator users find the best hosting plans, it offers six different types of web hosting service plans.
- Shared web hosting: $2.75 – $5.25 per month
- Cloud hosting: $4.95 – $9.95 per month.
- WordPress hosting: $5.95 – $9.95 per month.
- Reseller hosting: $19.95 – $24.95 per month.
- VPS hosting: $23.95 – $59.95 per month.
- Dedicated server hosting: $89.98 – $139.99 per month.
HostGator Pricing Plans
HostGator is a reputed web hosting provider known to offer affordable and user-friendly services. It’s an ideal platform for thriving small businesses and startups to create a professional-looking website.
It further offers a range of useful services that you can use to scale your business operations. It is why HostGator web hosting is so popular.
As far as the pricing is concerned, it is one of the few hosting providers that offer affordable pricing plans. But honestly, its hosting prices can be a little tricky to understand.
We have, however, discussed the different pricing models to help you easily understand them. Scroll down to have a look.
If you want cheap and affordable hosting plans that can take your business to the next level, you must select this service.
|Shared Hosting Features||Hatchling Plan||Baby Plan||Business Plan|
|Bandwidth||Unmetered bandwidth||Unmetered bandwidth||Unmetered bandwidth|
|24/7 Customer Service||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Each of these plans has a free domain and SSL certificate. But you can choose a Business Plan to enjoy extra services. It offers add-ons like a free upgrade to positive SSL and SEO tools. Also, you get customer support.
If you want web hosting services for WordPress, this service might be the right choice for you. WordPress Hosting is ideally selected by people interested in starting a WordPress blog or website.
|WordPress Hosting Features||Starter Plan||Standard Plan||Business Plan|
|Backups||1 GB||2 GB||3 GB|
All these plans offer a free domain and SSL certificate.
Related: How to Choose the Best WordPress Hosting in 2022
If you want more control over your professional website, you must choose Cloud Hosting. It’s affordable and comes with a whole lot of server resources that you can use to give your website a quick speed boost.
|Cloud HostingFeatures||Hatchling Plan||Baby Plan||Business Plan|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||6 GB|
|CPU||2 Cores||4 Cores||6 Cores|
While all three hosting plans offer better security features, you can get something extra with a Business plan.
Related: Best Cloud Hosting
You can get one of the best VPS hosting plans from HostGator. Its VPS hosting is ideal for small businesses as it is scalable and affordable. Also, it’s one of the cheapest options.
|VPS HostingFeatures||Snappy 2000||Snappy 4000||Snappy 8000|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
|CPU||2 Cores||2 Cores||4 Cores|
|Storage||120 GB||165 GB||240 GB|
In addition to offering everything from WHM to billing software, HostGator delivers complete flexibility and scalability with its reseller plans. HostGator undoubtedly offers some of the best reseller hosting plans in the industry.
|Reseller Hosting Features||Aluminum Plan||Copper Plan||Silver Plan|
|Storage||60 GB||90 GB||140 GB|
|Bandwidth||600 GB||900 GB||1400 GB|
Are you looking for a server that can provide you with full control over both virtual and real servers? If so, you should pick Dedicated Hosting. It offers three unique plans that are mentioned below:
|Dedicated Hosting Features||Value Server||Power Server||Enterprise Server|
|Cores||4 Core||8 Core||8 Core|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB||30 GB|
|Storage||1 TB HDD||2 TB HDD (or 512 GB SSD)||1 TB HDD|
Which Hosting Plan Will Work Best for You?
As you can see, HostGator offers six different plans. All the plans are designed after considering different plans so that there can be something for everyone.
While these many options are great, they can easily confuse you. But you can avoid confusion by considering the below-mentioned aspects.
Will Shared Hosting Plan Work for You?
Have you just started a small business? If so, you can choose this plan. In your case, this plan is more than enough because it can easily handle multiple visitors.
When you choose this hosting plan, you can work efficiently without worrying about upgrading your plan for a long time. That’s mainly because your website won’t get a lot of visitors for the first few months. This way, you can even save money and use it somewhere else.
Which HostGator Shared Hosting Plan is Best for You?
HostGator’s shared hosting includes three plans, each available at a different price. Also, the plans are simple to understand, which makes it easy for you to choose.
While these plans differ a little, each one of them included some basic features such as a free SSL certificate, unlimited storage space, bandwidth, and CDN.
The Hatching Plan is ideal for you if:
- You have just started: The Hatchling Plan is ideal for people who have just started a business and only wish to have a single website.
- You want one website: Like the two other Shared Plans, this one also provides numerous features. But there is one difference: Hatchling Plan only offers one website, and the remaining two plans offer unlimited websites.
The Baby Plan is ideal for you if:
- You have more than one website: Baby Plan is designed for people who want to start more than one website. It and the former plan are almost similar. But this one lets you create more websites, which is why it’s expensive.
The Business Plan is ideal for you if:
- You want more features: The last one is Business Plan which comes with a lot more useful features. The add-ons include a free upgrade to positive SSL and free dedicated IP.
Will WordPress Hosting Plans Suit Your Needs?
If you wish to start a WordPress blog and it’s your first website, you should choose the HostGator WordPress Hosting plan. That’s because using any other kind of web hosting can create confusion.
This particular plan is designed to make it rightly optimized for WordPress websites. When you switch your website from another web host to this, its speed will increase.
Not to mention, this hosting plan comes with a free migration service and a free domain name.
Which HostGator WordPress Plan Is Best?
You can choose Starter WordPress Hosting Plan if:
- You have a single website: This WordPress plan only offers a single website.
- You are a beginner: New business people who have recently started a website should choose it. For the first few months, your website might not get a lot of visitors. And this Starter Plan can handle around 100k visitors a month.
- You don’t get enough traffic: In case your website doesn’t get enough traffic, or you don’t wish to run ads, then this Starter Plan is ideal for you.
You can choose Standard WordPress Hosting Plan if:
- Your website is doing better: If your website is doing better and growing fast, you need a plan to handle more than 100k visitors. And that’s where the Standard Plan enters the picture. It can handle 200k visitors a month.
- You have more than one website: In case you have multiple businesses, you should choose Standard Plan. That’s because this plan offers two websites.
You can choose Business WordPress Hosting Plan if:
- You have tons of visitors: If your website is growing crazy fast and you are getting tons of visitors, you should pick Business Plan. Your website could handle up to 500k visitors a month with this plan.
Will Cloud Hosting Plans Cater to Your Needs?
It’s the next HostGator plan that lets you have control over your website. In addition, it offers better features than Shared Web Hosting.
With Cloud Hosting Plan on your side, your website can load fast. Also, it will let you build custom web applications.
Which HostGator Cloud Hosting Plan Will Work Best for You?
The Hatching Cloud Plan is ideal for you if:
- You need less computing power: If your website isn’t a custom web application and you don’t need a lot of computing power, choose Hatching Plan. It offers 2 GB RAM and 2 Cores.
- You have a single domain: If you have one domain, which you want to manage perfectly, this plan is just for you.
The Baby Cloud Plan is ideal for you if:
- You have more than one website: If you have more than one free site that you want to control, you must choose Baby Plan.
- You get better traffic: Another reason to choose this plan is to get a lot of traffic. It offers 4 GB RAM and 4 Cores.
The Business Cloud plan is ideal for you if:
- You get a TON of Traffic: If your website is getting tons of traffic, it’s recommended to choose this plan.
Is VPS Hosting Right for You?
If you want to run your website on a small visualized server, you must use HostGator’s Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting. It comes with a lot more features than Shared web hosting and helps your website get better traffic.
Which HostGator VPS Hosting Plan Will Work Best?
Under HostGator’s VPS plan, you can get three different options. These plans only differ in terms of RAM, Cores, and Storage.
- You can choose the Snappy 2000 plan for your small business.
- If you have a bigger business or if it starts growing, you can upgrade the plan by paying more. Your VPS plan can be upgraded quickly.
Does Getting Reseller Hosting Make Sense for Your Website?
With these plans, you get a chance to resell HostGator’s services to your targeted and loyal customers.
The best thing here is that your customers will never know where this service originally came from because it will have your company’s branding.
This plan is liked by people who have web development clients. As a freelancer or company, getting this plan and offering HostGator’s service will be helpful.
Which HostGator Reseller Plans Will Work Best for You?
- These plans of Reseller Hosting offer different storage and bandwidth. To maintain a small website, an Aluminum Plan is sufficient. But for a bigger and growing business with more customers, more space and bandwidth are needed. That means you would have to switch to a different plan.
Will Dedicated Hosting Work for You?
To get direct access to live servers, you can choose Dedicated Server Hosting. With this plan, you will get complete control over the server.
Which HostGator Dedicated Hosting Plan Is Right for You?
The Value Plan is right for you if:
- Your website has more traffic: If you don’t need many resources, but your website is getting a lot of traffic. If the number of visitors is around 200k, this plan is suitable.
The Power Plan is right for you if:
- You run a custom web application: This plan is suggested if you run a custom web application. Also, if your website gets 500k visitors, you can choose Power Plan.
The Enterprise Plan is right for you if:
- Your website gets TONS of visitors: Enterprise Plan is helpful if you need more resources.
Further Reading: Best Web Hosting Reviews – 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does Hosting with HostGator Cost?
With HostGator, you can get six different types of web hosting services. Each of these plans starts at a different price. The Shared Hosting plans start from $2.75 per month. Their WordPress hosting plans start from $5.95 per month. Their Cloud Hosting plans start at $4.95 per month. Their VPS hosting plans start from $23.95 per month. Their Reseller Hosting plans start from $19.95 per month. And their Dedicated hosting plans start from $89.98 per month.
Will I Get a Free Domain Name with HostGator?
If you want to get a free domain name for one year, you can choose the annual plan of Shared Web Hosting, WordPress Web Hosting, or Cloud Web Hosting. While signing up, you should carefully check the pricing page.
Does HostGator Offer a Free Trial?
No, you don’t get a free trial. However, it does offer a money-back guarantee. If you try and don’t like the services in 45 days, you can ask for a refund.